NR 531 Week 7
- This paper will be graded on quality of paper information, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and organization based on the required components.
- Create this assignment using Microsoft (MS) Word, which is the required format for all Chamberlain documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in “.docx”.
- Submit to the appropriate assignment area by 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday of the week due. Any questions about this paper may be discussed in the weekly Q & A Discussion topic.
- The length of the paper is to be no greater than three (3) pages, excluding title page and reference page.
- APA format using the sixth edition manual is required in this assignment, including a title page and reference page. Use APA level 1 headings for the organizational structure of this assignment. Remember that the introduction does not carry a heading that labels it as a level heading in APA format. The first part of your paper is assumed to be the introduction. See the APA manual sixth edition for details. Use the suggested format and headings to organize your assignment:
- Include introduction (do not label as a heading in APA format)
- Issue and Magnet Model Component Identified
- Key Components of Executive Summary
- Supporting Evidence
Preparing the paper
Note: Please use the resources in your Roussel textbook, Chapter 15, to assist with how to write an executive summary format to articulate the results of your Magnet report from ANCC.
- Clearly introduce your executive summary in the introduction paragraph. Include a sentence that states the purpose of your assignment.
- Clearly identify and articulate the issue and component from the Magnet model to be communicated to the board of directors at SLMC by you, the nurse executive. Discuss how your choice may affect your healthcare environment and transform healthcare.
- Key components of an executive summary format, related to the results of the Magnet report, should be included and clearly articulated. (Examples are in your textbook or you may search for them on the web). Include in your executive summary how this assignment relates to the Person-centred Framework by McCormack and McCance (2017).
- Include of a minimum of three sources of scholarly, empirical evidence to support the issue to be communicated.
- Provide concluding statements that should summarize your overall assignment content.
- The paper will be no longer than three pages maximum, excluding title and reference page(s).
Note: There are several formats of an executive summary in your text or on the internet. As the nurse executive, you may choose which style you prefer.
- Title and reference page(s) must be in APA format using the sixth edition manual.
- Use 12 Times New Roman font and one-inch margins on all sides of the paper.
- Note: After submitting your assignment to the Week 7 assignment area, please also upload your completed assignment to the Week 8 designated threaded discussion to share with your peers.