I need help with MSN analysis paper.
The ePortfolio assignment is embedded in select courses throughout the nurse practitioner program. Refer to the table below for a list of courses. You will begin developing your ePortfolio by watching the “how-to” video and by creating the sections of the ePortfolio. Next you will upload the required artifact for each course indicated. Courses that requires an artifact (an assignment is considered an ePortfolio artifact) you will see a prompt in the course to add the required document. Grading of the entire ePortfolio will take place in the final course, NR661, your final practicum course.
There will be three (3) sections to your ePortfolio. The first section is the Introduction, the second is Course Artifacts and the third is the Outcomes Analysis and Planning section.
· Introduction Section:
· Resume (using provided resume format)
· Conference / Non-Academic Course Completion Documents
· Work Evaluations
· Letters of Recommendations
· Student Created Table of Clinical Experiences with Dates
· Professional Goal Statement: Goals and Objectives
· Artifacts Section
In the Artifacts section of the ePortfolio each student is expected to submit graded assignments, with instructor comments, along with the grading rubric (used by the course instructor that includes grade received for the assignment). There should be a minimum of three (3) artifacts for each course included in the ePortfolio. One of these artifacts is the required artifact which is found in the “Artifact Table”. You will choose the other two artifacts from the course to include.
The artifacts collectively should demonstrate growth in critical thinking, new graduate nurse practitioner clinical competence, scholarly writing, and professional growth that occurred during your graduate nursing student education.
Every course from the table below (Artifact Table) must be represented in the ePortfolio artifacts section. One of the artifacts utilized must be the one indicated in the table for the particular course; the other two artifacts you may choose (from the course). For example, for NR500-NP, you must include the “Area of Interest” Power Point. In addition, you will choose two other pieces of graded work from the course, such as a discussion board posting or other paper.
· Outcome Analysis:
· A. Concept Map: In Section A, you are required to create a visual depiction via a Concept Map that demonstrates the connection of each Program Outcome to a minimum of three (3) course artifacts. The artifacts chosen must be from different courses and must represent courses with and without a practicum component.
· B. Narrative Analysis: In Section B, students must submit a scholarly reflective narrative that demonstrates how all of the artifacts submitted, and the course in which the artifacts were produced, meet each MSN program outcome. This Narrative Analysis format should use APA format, to include a cover page, running head, headings, and a reference list. Other elements, such as an APA formatted table, may also be included. Strict adherence to APA format is required. Examples of references that would support this Narrative Analysis might include a required journal reading from a course, material from a nurse practitioner professional web site to include a board of nursing site, or other peer-reviewed scholarly articles. Course textbooks may be used.
The final ePortfolio will be submitted in the Capstone course, NR667, where it will be graded. You will upload your ePortfolio link to the grade book as indicated in the course. Please refer to the rubric for grading particulars.
Chamberlain College of Nursing FNP Program Outcomes:
|1. Provide high quality, safe, patient, centered care grounded in holistic health principles.|
|2. Create a caring environment for achieving quality health outcomes.|
|3. Engage in lifelong personal and professional growth through reflective practice and
appreciation of cultural diversity.
|4. Integrate professional values through scholarship and service in health care.|
|5. Advocates for positive health outcomes through compassionate, evidence-based,
collaborative advanced nursing practice.
Artifacts/Assignment per Course:
|Course||Required Artefact to Include in ePortfolio||Chamberlain MSN FNP Outcome||ePortfolio Assignment Objective|
|1||NR500-NP Role||Area of Interest PPT||PO 2, 3, 4, 5,||Distinguish role variations between baccalaureate and graduate level practice.|
|2||NR501-NP Theory||Application of Theory Paper||PO 2, 3, 4||Critique theories to include their application to the advanced practice nursing role.|
|3||NR503 Population Health||Chronic Health Paper||PO 1, 3, 6||Appraise integration of concepts from population health, to include inter-professional collaboration and the determinants of health, to the role of the Nurse Practitioner.|
|4||NR505-NP Advanced Research and Evidence-Based Practice||Quality Improvement Paper: SOS||PO 6||Discern aspects of the assignment that inform a critically driven evidence-based practice.|
|5||NR509 Advanced Physical Assessment||Reflection Post: Week 8||PO 1, 5||Compare and contrast the elements involved with providing an advanced physical assessment.
|6||NR510 Leadership and Policy||APN Professional Development Paper||PO 3||Assemble a plan for continued leadership development as an advanced practice nurse.|
|7||NR599 Informatics||Medical Application Critical Appraisal||PO 1, 5||Translate informatics to quality, evidence-based care.|
|8||NR601 Aging||Case Study||PO 5||Devise an analysis that reflects the integration of previous learning to current course, to include advanced pharmacology and advanced pathophysiology.|
|9||NR602 Care of the Childbearing Family||Marginalized Women Health Paper||PO 1, 3, 5||Assimilate population health concepts to the practice of women’s health as an advanced practice nurse.|
|10||NR603 Clinical Diagnosis||Mental Health Assignment||PO 5||Integrate mental health concepts to the provision of holistic care as an advanced practice nurse.|
|Narrative Analysis (?)||PO 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6||TBD|
|Introduction Part A||20||6.6%||Professional Resume and LinkedIn Profile
1. Student creates a professional resume using the provided template; AND
2. Student completes all pertinent sections of the provided template related to the new-graduate APRN seeking a primary care opportunity; AND
3. Student’s credentials are accurate and in the correct order behind their name; AND
4. Student creates a LinkedIn Profile that is congruent with professional resume created; AND
5. Student uploads a professional headshot (photograph) to LinkedIn profile.
|Introduction Part B||20||6.6%||Recommendations, CEs, and Supporting Documents
1. Student includes copies of all certifications and licenses; AND
2. Student includes evidence of recent conferences or non-academic courses like CEs; AND
3. Student includes recent work or clinical evaluations; AND
4. Student includes letters of recommendations; AND
5. Student creates table of clinical experiences (practicums) with dates.
|Introduction Part C||50||16.6%||Goals, NP reflection
1. Student creates a table with 3 short-term goals (1-2 years), 3 intermediate-term goals (3-5 years), and 3 long-term goals (6-10 years) related to her or his career path as a nurse practitioner; AND
2. Student includes at least two strategies for how he or she will meet each goal and at least one objective measure that will evaluate success; AND
3. Student includes a 500 word reflection on the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) degree using at least 5 evidenced-based articles found through an academic library search that are no older than 5 years; AND
4. Student will analyze and evaluate (1) the history and purpose of the FNP, (2) the current state of the FNP, (3) the future state of the FNP; (4) how FNP-prepared APNs will assist with transformative healthcare and help solve complex health problems, and (5) the advantages of having the FNP; AND
5. Student will reflect on why the FNP degree would be appropriate for future career plans.
1. Student uploads graded assignments, with instructor comments, along with the grading rubric (used by the course instructor that includes grade received for the assignment); AND
2. There should be a minimum of three (3) artifacts for each course included in the ePortfolio. One of these artifacts is the required artifact which is found in the “Artifact Table”. The student will choose the other two artifacts from the course to include; AND
3. The artifacts collectively should demonstrate growth in critical thinking, new graduate nurse practitioner clinical competence, scholarly writing, and professional growth that occurred during your graduate nursing student education; AND
4. Every course in the Artifact Table must be represented in the ePortfolio artifacts section; AND
5. The artifact utilized must be the one indicated in the Artifact Table for the particular course; the other two artifacts you may choose (from the course). For example, for NR500-NP, the student must include the “Area of Interest” Power Point. In addition, the student will choose two other pieces of graded work from the course, such as a discussion board posting or other paper.
|Outcome Analysis Part A||50||16.6%||Concept Map
1. The student will create a computer-generated visual depiction via a Concept Map; AND
2. The student’s Concept Map demonstrates the connection of each FNP Program Outcome to a minimum of three (3) course artifacts; AND
3. The student’s artifacts are from different courses; AND
4. The student’s artifacts represent courses with and without a practicum component: AND
5. The student briefly explains the connection between each Program Outcome(s) and Artifact(s) in a legend or table included with Concept Map.
|Outcome Analysis Part B||100||33.3%||Narrative Analysis
1. Using synthesis and evaluation, the student authors a 3,000-4,500 word scholarly reflective narrative that demonstrates how all of the artifacts submitted, and the course in which the artifacts were produced, meet each MSN/FNP Program Outcome; AND
2. The student provides summative evaluation of their own professional growth and development as a graduate student in the COGNITIVE, PSYCHOMOTOR, and AFFECTIVE domains as it pertains to the FNP Program; AND
3. The student provides summative evaluation of their own professional growth and development as a graduate student as it pertains to AACN’s MSN Essentials for Graduate Education; AND
4. The student provides summative evaluation of their own professional growth and development as a graduate student as it pertains to the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF) Competencies; AND
5. The student reflects how one’s own cultural competence has been transformed.
|Total CONTENT Points= [290 pts]|
|Grammar, Syntax, Spelling, APA Format & Punctuation||10||3.3%||This Narrative Analysis format should use APA format, to include a cover page, running head, headings, and a reference list. Other elements, such as an APA formatted table, may also be included. Strict adherence to APA format is required
Paper has minimal grammar, syntax, spelling, punctuation, or APA format errors*
(*) APA style references and in text citations are required; however, there are no deductions for errors in indentation or spacing of references. All elements of the reference otherwise must be included.
|Total FORMAT Points= [10 pts]|
|ASSIGNMENT TOTAL= 300 points|